Leslie Public Schools Building and Site Sinking Fund Millage Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016 Election FAQs
1. Are you using sinking fund money for the football bleachers?
Yes. The sinking fund would be used for installing the remaining bleachers at the football field. Please view the PowerPoint here for everything that is planned to be done with the sinking fund money.
2. How much is it going to cost me?
The cost to a family will be based on the taxable value of their property. It will cost $6.25 a month for every $25,000 of property value. This is equivalent to $75 a year for every $25,000 of property value.
3. How many years will I be paying for this?
4. Can this money be used for salaries?
None of the sinking fund money can be used for school employees' salaries.
5. If the sinking fund is passed, when will I see the improvements being started?
If the sinking fund passes, the school district can begin the process of contacting engineers for the different projects. The actual projects cannot start until the sites are engineered and the projects are bid out. This means the earliest a project could start would be early next spring.