Freshman through Seniors: The Ingham County Women's Commission (ICWC) is offering the 2019 Dorice Carlice Essay Contest with prizes ranging from $750 to $50 to ALL students who are residents of Ingham County and attend a school located in Ingham County. The official topic is "Fundamentally, everyone should feel safe. Today, in many different ways, students do not always feel safe. What does "safe" mean to you?" Essays must be postmarked by January 30, 2019. For more details, pick up info and application in Student Services.
The Axa Achievement Scholarship - Deadline is December 14, 2018
- Axa is offering scholarships in the amount of $2500, $10,000, and $25,000.
- They are looking for students who have demonstrated ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities.
- Only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted. Apply early!
The American Legion Scholarships - Deadline is January 14, 2019
- They are offering two scholarships for $500 to seniors who are sons, daughters, grandchildren or great-grandchildren of a war-time veteran planning on attending any Michigan college, university, or trade school in the Fall of 2019.
The Michigan Education Association (MEA) Scholarship - Deadline is February 21, 2019
- You must be a dependent of an MEA member or MEA-retired member in good standing.
- Scholarship amounts range from $1500 to $750.
- The application can be typed into, saved, and then printed for signature to be mailed with required documentation. You can also pick up paper applications in Student Services.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!