The Mason VFW Creative Patriotic Art Award Scholarship Contest - Deadline is March 1, 2017
- Open to 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Graders.
- The first place National Scholarship winner is $10,000!
Lansing Community College Scholarship Application for LCC - Deadline is February 12, 2017
- To apply you must already have applied and be accepted to LCC.
- You also must have activated your LCC Username (TUID).
- Your completed scholarship application puts you into consideration for a number of scholarships that LCC offers.
The Engineering Society of Detroit - Deadline is February 21, 2017
- They are offering an Outstanding High School Student of the Year Scholarship for $1000 to one or more students for outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement.
- You must be pursuing a career in engineering or science.
- Click on the link above to download the scholarship application.
The Michigan Education Association (MEA) - Deadline is February 23, 2017
- They are offering a scholarship ranging from $500 to $1200.
- To qualify you must be a dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing who will attend a Michigan public community, four-year degree granting institution, or vocational training that grants a degree, certification or license.
- Selection is based on academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, school and community service, and student from lower income households.
Delta Sigman Theta Sorority, Inc - Postmarked by February 24, 2017
- The purpose of the scholarship is to acknowledge the scholastic, service and community accomplishment of graduating high school seniors.
- To qualify you must have a 2.5 GPA or better, be a citizen of the US, graduate from a high school in the Greater Lansing area, be a member of a designated minority group, and attend a college or university in the fall of 2017.
The Society of Women Engineers Scholarship - Deadline is March 1, 2017
- A scholarship for women who are planning on pursuing a degree in engineering.
- You must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0.
The Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation - Deadline is March 1, 2017
- They are offering a $2000 scholarship.
- For more information click here.
The American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarship - Deadline is March 1, 2017
- To apply you must be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team, or Venturing Crew, and the son or grandson of a Legionnaire, Sons of The American Legion or Auxilliary member.
- You must have received your Eagle Scout Award, be an active member of his religious institution and have received the appropriate Boy Scout religious emblem.
The Mason Masonic Lodge #70 Scholarship - Deadline is March 1, 2017
- They are offering a scholarship to a high school senior who plans to attend full-time at an accredited college, university, trade, or vocational school.
- You do not have to have any Masonic affliation to apply.
JAFTICA Scholarship - Deadline is March 17, 2017
- A $2,500 scholarship for one academic year, with a potential for renewal for three additional year.
- Must be a Leslie High School senior who intends to major at a 4-year institution (this includes students planning to transfer from a 2 year program).
- You must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and be entering a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) program.
- The Leslie High School General Scholarship application must be completed (available on March 1, 2017) as well as a creative project (specific details can be found by clicking above).
Grace Lutheran Church of Leslie Scholarship Program - Deadline is March 31, 2017 at 10am
- Grace Lutheran Church of Leslie is offering up to $1,500.00 in scholarships to be awarded to graduating Seniors who plan to continue their education either at a College, University or Technical Program.
- Expectations for the scholarships include providing references, graduation and grade results and an essay discussing what your faith in Christianity means to you and how it has helped you in your life’s journey.
- Applications are available by clicking above, in Student Services, or from the Church by calling 589-0250 or stopping at the church located at 212 South Sherman Street. Office hours for the church are: Monday from 10 – 4:30, Tuesday and Wednesday from 12 – 4pm.
The Michigan Retailers Association (MRA) - Submitted by April 1, 2017
- MRA is holding a scholarship competition. They are anticipating awarding 17 $1500 scholarships.
- These awards will not be based on financial need. To be eligible you or your parents must be employed at a business that is a member of MRA.
- To apply click on the link above, then look under "Members Benefits" tab.
- Applications must be requested by March 15.
Tom Schneider Peacemaker Award - Deadline is April 1, 2017
- The Peace Education Center is offering the award amount of a minimum of $500.
- To qualify you must graduate from a high school in the mid-Michigan area in the spring of 2017, describe how you have worked for social justice and peace issues at school, in the community and beyond, outline your plans to continue your active efforts toward peace and justice in your future endeavors, and submit 2 letters of reference.
- To apply pick up an application in Student Services. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2017.
Aeroquip Credit Union - John Park III Scholarship Awards - Postmarked by April 7, 2017
- (1) $1500, (1) $1000, (1) $500
- To qualify, you must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, be a primary member of the Aeroquip Credit Union, must submit one written recommendation from a non-relative, include an official transcript of your grades, and write an essay on the importance of good financial credit history.
- Click on the link above to download the scholarship application.
Baker College Scholarships - Deadline for the formal application is May 1, 2017
- The Board of Regents Scholarship is worth up to $24,000 and the Baker College Career Scholarship is worth up to $6400.
- The scholarships are decided based on academic achievement.
- All interested students need to fill out and mail a "request for information" card. Baker will then send you a formal application. You can find the cards in Student Services or by clicking the link above.
- There are a limited number of scholarship awards available, and all students are encouraged to complete their applications sooner than later!
The "Aspiring Fashion Professional" Scholarship - Deadline is June 1, 2017
- A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to students interested in pursuing a fashion degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
The "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program - Deadline is June 1, 2017
- A $1,000 scholarship for high school seniors interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
- To find eligibility information along with the online application click on the link above.
The"Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship - Deadline is June 1, 2017
- This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college.
The Aspiring Nurse Scholarship - Deadline is midnight on June 30, 2017
- The Nursing Schools Almanac website will award $1,000 to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates a track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics, and a passion for the nursing profession and healthcare.
- The scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs.
- Click the banner on the right-hand side of the website's homepage.
2017 Kelsey's Law Distracted Driving Scholarships - Deadline is August 31, 2017
- For Junior and Seniors they are offering 4 scholarships ranging in amounts from $2000 to $500.
- You need to submit a persuasive message that shows how you would convince young drivers to reduce distractions while driving. Messages may be in the form of a video, graphic or Tweet that resonates with teens and influences their driving behavior.
- Acquinas College offers several scholarships based on a student's academics to leadership qualities.
- NMU is offering several scholarships to students with academic achievement.
- You are automatically considered for the Wildcat Achievement Scholarship when you apply.
- It consists of five levels based on your HS GPA and your SAT test score.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!