November has officially been declared scholarship month in Michigan! All month long, MI Student Aid will be actively posting on social media to celebrate. We will be highlighting our very own scholarship database, compiled of Michigan scholarships, where students can submit a request and get scholarships sent right to their email inbox. We will have tips and tricks for filling out the perfect scholarship application in order to help students with their search. We will also be discussing the various scholarships and grants programs provided by the State of Michigan as well as other resources, beyond scholarships, that can help make college Accessible, Affordable and Achievable for Michigan students and families.
- Click here. Then click on Scholarships & Grants. Find MI Scholarship Searches and then click on blue "Complete MI Student Aid's Scholarship Search Request."
- The are offering two $500 scholarships, The Brewer and The Wilson, for the children, grandchildren, and/or great grandchildren of a war-time veteran.
- You must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, your relative's honorable active war-time military service discharge paper, and attend any nationally accredited college or university.
2018 Michigan Education Association Scholarship - Deadline is February 22, 2018
- To be eligible you must be a dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member, be attending a Michigan public community college, 4 year university, or vocational training institution.
- The only private institution eligible for this scholarship are Baker College-Flint/Owosso; Adrian College, University of Detroit-Mercy, Finlandia University, and Albion College.
- The selection criteria is based on academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, school and community service, and lower income households.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund - Deadline is March 31, 2018
- If you have Hispanic heritage, you may qualify.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, plan to enroll full-time at an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university and complete the FAFSA.
- All majors are accepted, but emphasis is placed on STEM majors.
- The application will open online on January 1, 2018.
- They are offering a $7000 scholarship renewable for 4 years to players who will attend their school located in Ann Arbor, MI.
- To qualify you must have a minimum 2.8 GPA or above, a SAT score of 1100 or above, and be a practicing Catholic.
- You can complete the application by clicking on the link above or pick up information in Student Services.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!