- Volunteer Sign-up Instructions: Once on the RunSignUp page for the Hallowed Half, there is a menu along the left hand side. At the bottom of the list, you will see the word ‘VOLUNTEER’ - click on that link. This will direct you to the volunteer sign up page. It will ask that you create an account with RunSignUp - there is no charge for this and it is necessary - this is how we are given your name, email address and cell phone number for communication of information leading up to Race Day.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
- The Hallowed Half Marathon proceeds fund the JAFTICA Scholarship, the largest local and renewable scholarship in Leslie! Most, if not all, scholarships committees look for community service from their applicants! VOLUNTEER!!!
The Horatio Alger Association Scholarships - Deadline is October 25, 2016
- They are offering scholarships that range from $7000 to $25,000.
- The application is online by clicking on the link above or going to scholars.horatioalger.org.
- To qualify you must demonstrate financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required), be involved in co-curricular and community service activities, display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Northern Michigan University Presidential Scholars Competition - Competition dates are October 30-31 and November 13-14
- To qualify for the competition, you must be a high school senior with a GPA of 3.5 or higher and a SAT score of 1160 or higher.
- You must register for the competition and apply for admission to NMU and submit transcripts and test scores prior to the competition deadlines. It is not automatic with your college application.
The $1000 2016 Kenley Farrel Memorial Scholarship - Deadline is November 1, 2016
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- You must write a 4 page essay on "Integrated Mosquito Management and Its Role In Pollinator Protection."
The Michigan Branch Telluride Association (MBTA) Scholarship - First Deadline November 1, 2016
- A scholarship for students at U of M that provides free room and board for first year students.
- In order to apply for this scholarship, you must apply to the U of M by November 1, 2016. The scholarship becomes available for application in the spring of 2017. Again the first hurdle in qualifying is you must apply to the university before November 1, 2016 and be accepted there to apply in the spring of 2017.
RARE Everyday Heroes Scholarship - Post-marked by December 1, 2016
- RARE is offering a $2000 scholarship.
- GPA and SAT Test scores are NOT a factor in being awarded this scholarship.
- Students must submit an original essay (one page, single spaced) about someone whom they consider to be an Everyday Hero. These should be just "regular" people, not celebrities!
The Rove Pest Control Scholarship - Deadline is December 31, 2016
- This is a $500 one-time award.
- Applicants need a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Special consideration is given to students who are pursuing entomology or related field in college.
The Michigan Education Association (MEA) - Deadline is February 23, 2017
- They are offering a scholarship ranging from $500 to $1200.
- To qualify you must be a dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing who will attend a Michigan public community, four-year degree granting institution, or vocational training that grants a degree, certification or license.
- Selection is based on academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, school and community service, and student from lower income households.
Grace Lutheran Church of Leslie Scholarship Program - Deadline is March 31, 2017 at 10am
- Grace Lutheran Church of Leslie is offering up to $1,500.00 in scholarships to be awarded to graduating Seniors who plan to continue their education either at a College, University or Technical Program.
- Expectations for the scholarships include providing references, graduation and grade results and an essay discussing what your faith in Christianity means to you and how it has helped you in your life’s journey.
- Applications are available by clicking above, in Student Services, or from the Church by calling 589-0250 or stopping at the church located at 212 South Sherman Street. Office hours for the church are: Monday from 10 – 4:30, Tuesday and Wednesday from 12 – 4pm.
Baker College Scholarships - Deadline for the formal application is May 1, 2017
- The Board of Regents Scholarship is worth up to $24,000 and the Baker College Career Scholarship is worth up to $6400.
- The scholarships are decided based on academic achievement.
- All interested students need to fill out and mail a "request for information" card. Baker will then send you a formal application. You can find the cards in Student Services or by clicking the link above.
- There are a limited number of scholarship awards available, and all students are encouraged to complete their applications sooner than later!
2017 Kelsey's Law Distracted Driving Scholarships - Deadline is August 31, 2017
- For Junior and Seniors they are offering 4 scholarships ranging in amounts from $2000 to $500.
- You need to submit a persuasive message that shows how you would convince young drivers to reduce distractions while driving. Messages may be in the form of a video, graphic or Tweet that resonates with teens and influences their driving behavior.
- Acquinas College offers several scholarships based on a student's academics to leadership qualities.
- NMU is offering several scholarships to students with academic achievement.
- You are automatically considered for the Wildcat Achievement Scholarship when you apply.
- It consists of five levels based on your HS GPA and your SAT test score.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!