Financial Aid Information
Financial Aid Night
On October 1, 2019, students and their parents can begin applying for financial aid for the following the fall of their freshman year of college. Families apply using their 2018 tax returns. Leslie High School will be holding a Financial Aid Workshop, Wednesday, October 9, at 6:30 PM, in the High School Auditorium. All students planning on attending a post-secondary institution should have someone in attendance. Financial aid experts will be present to cover completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and filing deadlines. In addition, they will discuss grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study information. The FAFSA form is required for all students applying for financial aid, including grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study. Following the financial aid presentation, counselors and financial aid experts will assist families in completing their FAFSA application in a help session from 7:30-9:00pm in the High School Commons.
- A handout on the previous changes to FAFSA filing.
- The deadline to apply in Michigan for the Fall of 2018 is March 1, 2018.
College Board FAFSA Worksheets: Includes a Parent and Student Checklist
The State of Michigan-Student Financial Services Bureau:
- MI Student Aid Website
- MI Student Aid Facebook Page
- MI Student Aid Twitter Page
- 1-888-4-GRANTS (888-447-2687)
- 7 Things You Need Before You Fill Out the 2019-20 FAFSA Blog
- Federal Student Aid ID Website
- Filling out the FAFSA
- Michigan Tuition Grant Fact Sheet
- Michigan Competative Scholarship Fact Sheet
Financial Planning Tool Kit ~ Dollars for College Financial Planning Toolkit is designed to help students and families best understand all available resources to help make higher education affordable. It is organized by what grade level your child is currently in.