Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) Information
Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) Information:
- Student must have (or have had) Medicaid coverage for 24 months within a 36 month period between the ages of nine and high school graduation.
- Applicants must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Obtain a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent prior to age 20.
- Students who attend a state-approved Early/Middle College have until age 21 to graduate.
- Begin using TIP at a participating institution within four years of high school completion.
- Be a Michigan resident as determined by institutional criteria.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or approved refugee.
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan.
- Be enrolled at least half-time.
- For renewal, must meet institution's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy.
*The first institution listed on the FAFSA will be considered the priority school. Students are responsible for notifying MI Student Aid of a change in their college choice. This can be done through the MiSSG Student Portal or by calling 1-888-447-2687.