The Alzheimer's Foundation of America Scholarship - Deadline February 15, 2021
- Essays can be submitted through the above website
- In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be a senior in high school
- Planning to attend a 4-year accredited U.S. college/university in the fall of 2021
- Submit a 1,200 to 1,500-word essay describing how Alzheimer’s disease has impacted your life and what you have learned about yourself, your family and/or your community through your experience with Alzheimer’s
- Attach your unofficial/official high school transcript upon submitting your essay
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program - Deadline is February 18, 2021
- There is an amazing opportunity for seniors who are interested in Computer Science to win $40,000 for college and a paid programming internship at Amazon.
- Click on the link above for eligibility requirements and details.
The MEA Scholarship - Deadline February 18, 2021
- To be eligible you must be a dependent of a MEA member or of a retired member in good standing and attend a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification, or license.
- Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit-Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College.
- Designed to encourage Leslie High School graduates whose career goals require a degree in Science, Technology or Math.
- Candidates must be entering freshmen or transfer students and graduates of Leslie High School, have a minimum of 2.7 cumulative GPA, and enrolled to attend GVSU as a full-time student.
- The scholarship is $1,000 and has the potential for renewal up to eight semesters.
The Cancer Unwrapped Writing Contest - Due March 14, 2021
- The contest is open to all students in grade 9-12.
- The contest is to encourage teens to write about their experiences when dealing with cancer, whether the diagnosis of you or a loved one, with the opportunity to win one of several $1,000 cash prizes.
Kelsey's Law Distracted Driving Scholarship - Deadline March 31, 2021
- They are offering a total of $5,000 in college scholarships to be awarded in April among four winning student submissions throughout the state.
- High school juniors and seniors are eligible.
The Josie Rewald Memorial Community College Scholarship - April 1, 2021
- This program will distribute two awards of $1000 each.
- The scholarship application must be filled out by the student and postmarked or emailed by April 1, 2021.
- The application and detailed criteria can be found by clicking on the link above. at http://www.swedetroit.org/scholarships.html.
- SWE, at a national level, also has many scholarships for outstanding students. This application form can be found on the National SWE website: www.swe.org .
Sallie Mae offers a free Scholarship Search to connect students to scholarship opportunities based on their hobbies and interests. The database now has over 6 million scholarships. Plus, when you register, you are entered into a chance to win their month sweepstakes. To celebrate National Scholarship Month, they've upped the $1,000 prize to $10,000 during the month of November.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!