Starting with the high school Class of 2023, students will be eligible for more financial aid from the State. You must complete the FAFSA to demonstrate financial need and create a MiSSG Portal after filing the FAFSA. For more information visit Michigan.gov/MIStudentAid
Central Michigan — Competitive scholarship applications are now open and close on January 15, 2023. The first step is applying to CMU and then eligible students will gain access to scholarship applications.
- Leader Advancement Scholarship - Rewards dedicated leaders with $2,000 per year. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Multicultural Advancement/Lloyd M. Cofer Scholarships - Rewards students committed to equality and inclusion. Valued between $4,125 annually and a full-ride. No minimum GPA required.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship ~ Deadline is March 15, 2023
- They are seeking students who have demonstrated integrity, overcoming adversity, strength in character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue college, and a desire to contribute to society.
- More details can be found on their website.
The Horizon High School Scholarship ~ Deadline is March 31, 2023
- You must be a senior, demonstrate achievements in STEM, have an interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense, be active in your school and community, have at least a 3.0 GPA, and plan to attend an accredited Michigan university or college.
The Tom Schneider Peacemaker Award ~ Deadline is April 1, 2023
- This is available to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to peace and social justice through advocacy and leadership.
Michigan Retailers Association (MRA) Scholarship ~ Deadline is April 1, 2023
- To be eligible, you or your parent must be employed at a business that is a member of MRA.
- Families should check with their employer to see is they are a member or complete the form at Retailers.com/member-benefits/scholarship-program
CASE Credit Union Scholarships ~ Deadline is April 7, 2023
CASE Credit Union is pleased to offer educational scholarships to high school senior students who will be attending a college, university, or trade school for the upcoming academic school year.
Multiple $1,000 scholarships are given in memory of Florence Chubb, Bud Hayes, Hyrtl Feeman, Sheila A. Williams-Matlock, and Fred Goers.
An additional scholarship, Directors Award, was introduced to honor a student who is from a single parent or low-income household, that demonstrates academic achievements of a 3.0 GPA or higher and is dedicated to continuing their education.
Student Success Initiative Scholarships ~ Received by 5PM on April 14, 2023
- CADL has partnered with CATA to give two SSI Scholarships of $1,000.
- Students must complete an application, essay, and use their CADL SSI card one time in the last year.
- Please click here for an information sheet and here for questions and answers.
Gordon Will Opportunity Scholarship ~ Deadline to apply is May 1, 2023
- The Optimist Club of Jackson is offering the above scholarship.
- FAFSA must be complete and you must have two letters of recommendation and your transcript with the application.
Senior Award Letter Comparison Worksheet
Affording College in Michigan Guidebook for Students and Families
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!
- You will be able to search many programs available to Michigan residents and many other qualifying factors, including journalism, mechanical engineering, Eagle Scout status and more.
Scholarship Resources and Publications