Starting with the high school Class of 2023, students will be eligible for more financial aid from the State. You must complete the FAFSA to demonstrate financial need and create a MiSSG Portal after filing the FAFSA. For more information visit Michigan.gov/MIStudentAid
Central Michigan — Competitive scholarship applications are now open and close on January 15, 2023. The first step is applying to CMU and then eligible students will gain access to scholarship applications.
- Leader Advancement Scholarship - Rewards dedicated leaders with $2,000 per year. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Multicultural Advancement/Lloyd M. Cofer Scholarships - Rewards students committed to equality and inclusion. Valued between $4,125 annually and a full-ride. No minimum GPA required.
Lansing Community College - Scholarship applications are now open and close on January 31, 2023. The first step is to apply to LCC, then once creating your account visit LCC Scholarships
MEA Scholarship ~ Must be receive by February 16, 2023
- Must be a dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
The Horizon High School Scholarship ~ Deadline is March 31, 2023
- You must be a senior, demonstrate achievements in STEM, have an interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense, be active in your school and community, have at least a 3.0 GPA, and plan to attend an accredited Michigan university or college.
CASE Credit Union Scholarships ~ Deadline is April 7, 2023
CASE Credit Union is pleased to offer educational scholarships to high school senior students who will be attending a college, university, or trade school for the upcoming academic school year.
Multiple $1,000 scholarships are given in memory of Florence Chubb, Bud Hayes, Hyrtl Feeman, Sheila A. Williams-Matlock, and Fred Goers.
An additional scholarship, Directors Award, was introduced to honor a student who is from a single parent or low-income household, that demonstrates academic achievements of a 3.0 GPA or higher and is dedicated to continuing their education.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!
- You will be able to search many programs available to Michigan residents and many other qualifying factors, including journalism, mechanical engineering, Eagle Scout status and more.