Juniors: College Board (SAT) has created an Opportunity Scholarship where if you complete steps in the college search, application, and FAFSA process over the next year, you have a chance at a $40,000 scholarship. Student Services has more information or click here to sign up.
Lansing Community College Scholarships-- the deadline to apply is Thursday, January 31, 2020. Click here for the"Application Overview & Checklist" handout for the 2020-21 LCC scholarship application. The handout walks you through their scholarship application process. You must be already accepted to LCC to apply. Your FAFSA must be filed no later than February 28, 2020, for best scholarship consideration.
Seniors, if you live in Jackson County, the Jackson Community Foundation has several scholarships you may qualify for. Click here to see a complete list of available scholarships.
J. Sheridan Stewart Scholarship -Deadline is February 14, 2020
- In addition to living in Jackson County, you must also reside in Tompkins Township, have a minimum GPA of 2.5, plan on pursuing a degree in agriculture, engineering, healthcare, or education, and demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship amount is up to $1000 and is renewable up to 3 times.
MEA Scholarship - Deadline is February 20, 2020
- You must be a dependent of a MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing. The Selection Criteria are as follows: Academic achievement, Extra-curricular activities, and School and community service.
Aeroquip Credit Union Scholarships - Postmarked by April 3, 2020
- Aeroquip is offering three scholarships, one for $2000, one for $1500, and one for $1000.
- You must be a member of Aeroquip Credit Union and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to apply. Paper applications are available in Student Services or you can download an application off the LHS Student Services website or our electronic announcements.
Jackson College's Foundation Scholarship - Open until April 14, 2020
- One application provides you the opportunity to be considered for multiple scholarships.
The Optimist Club of Jackson - Deadline is May 1, 2020
- They are offering two to four Gordon Will Opportunity Scholarships depending on the availability of funds.
- The scholarships will range from $500 to $2000.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to apply.
- You can pick up an application in Student Services or click on the link above.
Below is a list of additional scholarship resources. Sometimes the website creators contact us to post their information on our website. While we check to make sure they have free resources, we do not thoroughly investigate each site. Please feel free to give Student Services your feedback; if you find one that asks you to pay or seems unhelpful, let us know so we can update our listings. Thanks for your help!